A Little About Parent-Child Dedication
5 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. 6 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. 7 Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. 8 Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. 9 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deuteronomy 6:5–9 NLT
Parent-Child Dedication is a special time in the life of our church. God calls us to love Him with all of our heart, soul, and strength in the Book of Deuteronomy. However, as parents we are called to teach our children who God is in our everyday life, whether at home, in the car, at sporting events, and any other time.
It is this call that is the basis for Parent-Child Dedication at Crossroads. Parent-Child Dedication is an opportunity for parents to commit themselves to this command, it also is an opportunity for the church to commit to come alongside the parent on this journey. This commitment is built on an understanding of who Christ is in the life of the parent.
Parent-Child Dedication at Crossroads is your opportunity to make a public profession of your commitment on how you will raise your children. It has three components:
- Parent dedication: This is you, the parent, choosing to be dedicated to God. It is an opportunity for you to make a commitment before the church to raise your child to know who Jesus is through your actions and through the way you choose to raise the child entrusted to you by God.
- Child dedication: This is the dedicating of your child to God. Romans 11:36 states, "All things come from God." This includes your children. Dedicating your child to God is making a public profession that you are the steward or keeper of your child, but they belong to God.
- Church dedication: This is piece is for the believers in Jesus Christ at CrossRoads committing to joining with you to raise your child to know Jesus.
The process for Parent-Child Dedication is as follows:
- Click the I Have Questions button to discuss with Pastor Scott
- Meet with to discuss Parent-Child Dedication